I arrived home late last night from my travels and after being deprived of the internet for almost the entire day(!!!) I thought I would pop online and see if anything interesting was occuring. To my surprise I received a wonderful message from Gray over at her wonderfully lovely blog saying that she had nominated me for an award! I was so stunned, I was speechless! Which is very unusual for me. She left me a lovely comment and I just wanted to thank her for reading my blog and taking the time to comment and nominate me! Her blog is lovely and fun to read. I especially like her hats!
Thank you again Gray for this nomination. I’m humbled.
Now there are some rules with this award which I am happy and slightly excited to comply with.
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I love peanut butter and jam toasties and can often get through a jar of peanut butter in a fortnight! Naughty.
2. I have two tattoos!
3. I love reading and have done since before I can remember. I am never without a book or three.
4. I’m currently in my third year at University studying law but I cannot wait to finish!
5. My favourite band at the moment, well its a toss up between the Black Keys and Sigur Ros! I have been to see the former and I am going to see the latter in a matter of months! YAY!
6. When I was younger I wanted to be a vet. I used to line up all my toy animals and then move them one by one around the house.
7. I write short fiction stories and have written a few published articles! I even co- created a young persons news paper! I love writing.
8. I have a small, tiny obsession with cows! I can’t help it, I love their docile but curious nature and silly faces.
9. I have 5 brothers and sisters! All younger than me.
10. I can juggle! I love juggling and I am heading over to the British Juggling convention next week
11. I think that most food is yummier heated up the next day!
My Nominations for the Liebster Award
2. Oh! Villo
Questions From Gray
1.If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made?
My favourite pattern at the moment is most definitely this cupcake pattern I stumbled across! Its absolutely adorable and I have already made one and a half!
2.What is your favorite meal to cook?
I love cooking and I cook often. I make, well what I think is, a delicious chilli con carne!
3.Who is your favorite band/singer?
I’m loving quite a few bands and singers at the moment. I won’t repeat the two from above though. So my favourite are, in no order: Yes Alexander, Sister Crayon, Foals, Maccabees, Alt J, Strand of Oaks, Beans on Toast.
4. Glass half empty or half full?
I would like to say that my glass is half empty just because I have a lot more to fit in! I don’t want a nearly full up glass it might overflow.
5. What is the main purpose of your blog?
I guess my main purpose is to have some sort of documentation of everything I have made, an online portfolio, as I often give everything I make away. As I progress and change and have new ideas I am hoping my blog will progress and change along with me, hand in hand. I have no definite future plans for my blog as of yet, besides a few posts! The mystery and uncertainty is all very exciting.
6. When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at?
A brilliant question. Ok some of my favourite hangouts… Including links!
7. Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor?
I love incense! I have a little burner my other half bought me from Oman. It’s golden and small and I burn frankincense in it on the top of some smouldering coal. It’s a wonderful fresh smell.
8. If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why?
Ohh what a toughie. I think teleportation. I would love to teleport around the world, stopping by sights and cities and forests and desserts and mountains and museums that I have always wanted to see. To see all these places would be incredible.
9. If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why?
Another tough question! How could I possibly choose! I would probably say (though I think I could write pages and pages on who I would like to meet) I would like to talk to an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh.
10. What is your favourite animal? Not pet, but animal
Definitely cows! I mentioned them above but they are so sweet they deserve two mentions.
11. What is your favourite memory from your childhood?
I was only 11 when my first sister was born and I remember sitting on the hospital bed and being passed this teeny tiny thing, all wrapped up in a white towel and looking down at her… It’s a very vivid and treasured memory. I can hardly believe she is almost 12 now!
My 11 questions
1. Who is the person you would never want to meet?
2. If you read, what is your favourite book and why?
3. Where is your favourite place in the world?
4. Who inspires you?
5. What is your favourite finished object?
6. If you could have a room filled with one thing for a day, what would it be?
7. What would you like to achieve this year?
8. What are you most proud of?
9. What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
10. If you could live in any period of history which would you choose?
11. When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought?
I hope you enjoy your questions!