So I had to improvise a little with this pattern as it calls for DPNS at the end to finish the decreases, but as I mentioned before I can’t carry around every size and type of hook so I’m limited to a only couple. Imagination had to come into play. The pattern says to switch to dpns when it gets too tight but instead of finishing the decreases I carried on for a few extra rows and then I cast off. I folded it over and stitched it so it was a tube and just wide enough for a knitted Icord to be threaded through. Then I added the pom pom! So now it is still a hat BUT it can also stretch out to be a cowl!
Ingenious. Two garments in one!
It’s also a very international hat, I started knitting it in Athens and finished it in Romania!
Thanks for reading